Vietnam Travel Restrictions – Covid 19 in Vietnam
This is a government requirement as of right now The Ministry of Health on Tuesday (March 15, 2022) said foreigners entering Vietnam ONLY need to be tested negative for Covid-19 and DO NOT need to enter any kind of quarantine.
All the restrictions provided for under the Official Dispatch No. 10688/BMT-MT dated December 16, 2021 of the Ministry of Health are removed.
Accordingly, the following regulations will be applied:
Regarding Covid test:
– For air passengers: The travelers are REQUIRED to have Negative Covid test result using the RT-PCR/ RT-LAMP method within 72 hours before departure, or 24 hours via rapid antigen tests (except for children under 2 years old).
– For others: Those who cannot take a test before arrival as mentioned above will have to be tested within 24 hours of entry. If it is negative, they can leave their accommodation facility. In case it is positive, they shall immediately notify the local authorities for prompt instructions.
– Children under 2 years old are not required to take any Covid test, and can join Vietnam tours with parents and relatives.
For health declaration and quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam
The entrants are REQUIRED to
– Make medical declarations and use the PC-Covid application during their stay in Vietnam.
– Immediately notify the healthcare body at the arrival port in case of having any Covid symptoms, including fever; cough; sore throat; runny nose; blocked nose; body aches, fatigue; decreased or lost taste; decreased or lost sense of smell; headache; diarrhea; shortness of breath; etc.
For health monitoring and following Covid prevention and control measures
– During the first 10 days, all arrivals arena required to monitor their health and notify to medical staff if they show symptoms of Covid; wear mask, clean hands with hand sanitizer.
– Those who don’t have negative test certificate before departure for Vietnam are REQUIRED to limit stops and contact with others on the way from the border gate to accommodation in Vietnam.