Visiting Central Vietnam and planning a short stay in Da Nang? Why not live with locals in a Vietnamese home built for overseas visitors.
Ideally located in Nguyen Van Thoai Street, Xuan Tu's homestay is just 7 minutes walk to Da Nang's wonderful beaches, 10 minutes walk to the city centre with restaurants, spas and shopping close by. Bicycles are available free of charge and taxis are inexpensive to areas further afield.
Da Nang International Airport is a short drive, and a low-cost airport pick-up and drop off can be arranged. Airport pick-up is recommended for first time visitors to Vietnam. We can arrange Tien Sa or Chan May Port 'meet & greets' if travelling on from shipboard.
This is Xuan Tu's home and is run efficiently by Mrs Mai, Xuan Tu's mom! It has just 3 en-suite double bedrooms over three floors in typical Vietnamese style. This modern property was built by the family of a local hotelier, originally for the rental market - specifically expatriate westerners staying and working in Da Nang. So each room is air-conditioned with comfortable western style beds and the usual amenities. A laundry service is provided and city maps are freely available for Da Nang and Hoi An.
This is simple, yet comfortable and clean homestay living, in a typical Vietnamese city neighbourhood.
A full breakfast is included, and whilst Vietnamese in nature can be tailored to western tastes. Prepared by Mrs Mai it also include's breads, fresh fruit, cold fresh juices, tea and coffee. A typical Vietnamese evening meal can be provided from a short menu at modest cost. Mrs Mai would love to show you how to prepare and cook your own meal and you are welcome to help! Please ask on arrival
Our room rate is from US$25.00 per night, inclusive of breakfast.
Today's Da Nang is wealthy, modern and a rapidly expanding city - its our third largest. You'll experience a bustling but stable place that is comfortable with itself, and unsurprisingly its where many Vietnamese aspire to live! So its sometimes hard to imagine Da Nang's long history with origins dating back to the ancient kingdom of Champa (c.192AD). During early Dai Viet times it was called Cua Han, and Tourane in our French colonial period. Within easy reach of 'Mai Home' are the city's highlights: Marble Mountain, Lady Buddha, My Khe Beach and our famous Dragon Bridge. The UNESCO 'old town' of Hoi An is a short drive away.
1. Bicycles are provided for guest use
2. Access to bedrooms is by marble staircases. If you have any mobility issues, please bear this in mind
3. Our homestay is in a typical bustling Vietnamese street. We can not guarantee total silence, but windows are double glazed to reduce city noise
4. Da Nang Airport or Tien Sa/Chan May Port pick-up is recommended at a nominal charge, please request on booking
5. We provide free maps for Da Nang & Hoi An
6. Our laundry service is in-house, we ask for $2 per kilo and aim to return laundry to your room the same day if handed in before 9pm
7. Payment is by cash please. Either US$ or the equivalent in Vietnamese Currency (VND)